Softener and Specialty Salt
Vern Dale carries an extensive variety of salts for specialty needs. Premium-purity (up to 99% pure) softening salt is available in cubes, blocks, pellets or crystals. Deicing salts, including a pet-friendly alternative, melt ice fast … even in low temperatures and without leaving residue.
Pro’s Pick Dura-Cube
- Uniquely compacted shape for extra hardness
- 99.8% pure salt
- Can be used in any water conditioning unit
- Helps prevent mushing, bridging and channeling
- Designed to keep softeners clean and trouble-free
Pro’s Pick Red Out Dura-Cube
- Formulated for use where iron content in water is high.
- Unique, compact shape for extra hardness.
- Minimum 99.8% pure salt.
- FDA approved additive, prevents rust stains on laundry, fixtures, sinks, & tubs. Non-toxic to bacteria in septic tanks.
- Reduces rust build up and keeps water units running longer.
- Minimizes mushing and bridging
Diamond Crystal Bright & Soft Pellets
- Typical of 99.8% pure salt
- High purity for use in all water softeners
Diamond Crystal Iron Fighter Pellets
- Formulated for use where iron content in water is high
- Pure salt, typically 99.6% sodium chloride
- Highly effective, FDA approved rust-removing additive, considered non-toxic to bacteria in septic tanks
- Helps prevent rust stains on laundry, fixtures, sinks, tubs and bathroom bowls
Diamond Crystal Salt Block
- Typically 99.8% pure salt
- Can be used in most systems
Diamond Crystal Splash Ready Pool Salt
- Diamond Crystal® Splash Ready™ dissolves quickly and is recommended by manufacturers of salt water chlorinators for pools.
- Less salt in your pool than found in a human teardrop, Splash Ready has a 99% salt purity level.
- Naturally free of additives, it’s a safe alternative to chemical chlorine and provides the same level of clean.
Diamond Crystal Winter Melt
- Unique sizing mixture of large and small crystals of natural sodium chloride.
- The small crystals melt on contact and large crystals provide longevity and instant traction.
- Works best at temperatures of 5 degrees Fahrenheit and above.
- Leaves no oily residue.
- Available in 25 and 50 lb. bags.
Peladow Calcium Chloride
- Give off heat as they dissolve, melting ice faster and at lower temperatures, as low as -25 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melts more so you can use less and leaves no powdery residue.
- Safe on concrete and vegetation when used correctly.
- Available in 50 lb. bags in pellets.
Diamond Crystal Jiffy Melt
- Available in 40 lb. bags and 12 lb. jugs.
- Jiffy Melt is a specially formulated blend of magnesium chloride and sodium chloride which allows for fast action and lower application rates.
- This blend is a cost effective choice to premium blends and more expensive substitutes and melts down to -5 degrees.
- A green-tinted, high performance ice melter containing a blend of sodium, calcium and magnesium chlorides for faster, colder temperature melting than regular rock salt.
- GreenMelt® ice melter is green-tinted for easy-to-see coverage on ice and packed snow.
- Melts down to -5 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pet Friendly Ice Melter
- Diamond Crystal® Sno-Paws® pet-friendly ice melter is specially formulated to keep people and pets safer.
- Its veterinarian preferred formula contains organic performance boosting chips to provide more melting at colder temperatures than urea alone.
- Sno-Paws® melts ice at the same low temperature as salt while having none of the harsh chlorides that can irritate pets paws.
- Its green tint allows you to easily see the granules to make applying even easier.